Jasper County clerk arrested on embezzlement charges | News
JASPER COUNTY, MS (WDAM)- A Jasper County deputy clerk has been arrested on embezzlement charges.
Authorities arrested Rosie Arrington, 57, for allegedly taken an undisclosed amount of money for the Jasper County Chancery Clerks Office.
Arrington has been a deputy clerk in the chancery clerks office for approximately six years. Authorities say during their investigation they learned that Arrington allegedly started taking money earlier this year.
Investigators wouldn't say exactly how much money Arrington embezzled, but did say she has confessed to the crime.
Arrington is out on a $5,000 bond. If convicted she can face up to 20 years behind bars.
Copyright 2012 WDAM. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Jasper County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment