Highway 15 Bridge Replacement Project, Jasper County | News
The Mississippi Department of Transportation Southern Transportation Commissioner Tom King announces the following update on a project currently underway in South Mississippi’s fourteen counties located in MDOT’s District Six.
“In an effort to provide the public with timely information regarding current transportation improvement projects, MDOT offers this list of projects, detailing current work taking place across South Mississippi,” said Commissioner King.
Work began in June 2011 on a project to replace eight bridges from the Jones County Line to the Newton County Line. Six bridge replacements have been completed.
The $10.3 million project has been awarded to Tanner Construction Company of Ellisville.
Crews have completed construction of the 760 ft. bridge and two smaller bridges are currently under construction. The project is scheduled for completion in November.
Upcoming Events near Jasper County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment