Jasper County Interchange Lighting Project | News
The Mississippi Department of Transportation Southern Transportation Commissioner Tom King announces the following update on a project currently underway in South Mississippi’s fourteen counties located in MDOT’s District Six.
“In an effort to provide the public with timely information regarding current transportation improvement projects, MDOT offers this list of projects, detailing current work taking place across South Mississippi,” said Commissioner King.
Work began in March on an interchange lighting project in Jasper County.
Simmons Erosion Control of Lake, MS was awarded the $402,204 project, which consists of clearing, grubbing and installing lighting at the intersection of Interstate 59 and State Route 528 in Jasper County.
The project is scheduled for completion in August.
Upcoming Events near Jasper County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment
- Fully-loaded tanker-trailer cleared from Highway 49