Beer and light wine to be available in Bay Springs restaurants | News
The Bay Springs Board of Aldermen voted 3-2, March 20, in favor of an ordinance that will allow beer and light wine to be sold in Bay Springs restaurants. The board also voted unanimously to allow alcohol sales on Sunday.
Fernando Padilla, owner and manger of Fajita Grill appeared before the board to request that his restaurant be allowed to sell alcohol. He said that this would increase business and will allow him to compete with other establishments in neighboring towns for business. Attorney R. K. “Sonny” Houston said that it would take some time before the alcohol consumption ordinance would go into effect.
The two votes against the ordinance were Mike Lucas and Steve Breland. Bob Cook was not at the meeting but voiced his vote via telephone. Breland said that he voted against the ordinance because those against it had no opportunity to voice their opinions.
Read more: The Impact - Beer and light wine to be available in Bay Springs restaurants
Upcoming Events near Jasper County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment